Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Blood

Since this was a facebook status, and I'm up early enough anyways, I'd like to talk about my blood getting drawn yesterday. Now I tried to make a laughing matter out of the situation. Joking with the nurse, laughing, poking fun. But as soon as she started setting up the needle and stuff I had to turn away. Which is weird. Because I generally have a high tolerance for pain, except stubbing my toe. Dear God, that hurts so freaking bad. And I also don't mind blood at all. After making it through the videos in drivers ed, countless zombie movies, and the incident in kindergarten that left my best friend, Dominik, gushing gallons of blood from his nose; I figured I'd be fine and dandy when it came to blood in any situation. But the minute that needle poked in and I could feel the blood seeping out of my body and into a little vial, I ad to make sure I was looking away. It's just something about knowing it is my own blood and it's going out of me and filling up something that I usually used to make "clinking" sounds for the fun of it in science class. A SCIENCE class. I felt like I was being experimented on and the very next thing the nurse would do was brand me and then inject me with some kind of animal ecstasy that would make me feel like flying. But that didn't happen. She pulled it out and put gauze there and said put pressure on it. And boy did i put pressure on it. I pushed down on that thing like it was an annoying little poodle that a fat guy was sitting on, and my hand was the fat guy. I thought if I didn't put pressure on it it would turn into a gushing fire hydrant of blood and guts. A real life horror film. But she put a band-aid on it, kissed it better, and I walked out happy. Okay so maybe the second parts not true. But i don't really care. It made me feel better okay. Screw you.


....Douche.....

No comments:

Post a Comment