Saturday, July 3, 2010

Dreaming the Inevitable "Overloaded Brain Dream."

This just happened to me... Basically I started my job yesterday at "Adventure's Crossing." This is quite possibly the last place you'd have an adventure of any sort; the mediocre children's rides, the carousel that doesn't play carnival music when it spins, the pizza with all of the toppings that fall off when you pick it up.. you get the point. Not adventurous. Anyways, I'd been nervous all day long about starting this job. It was constantly on my mind. It's like one of those songs that you hear flipping through the radio, not even listening to the whole thing, but it gets stuck in your head ALL day. I had this guy, Josh, train me how to do EVERYTHING. So I was taking in quite a lot of information about this adventurous  facility. By the time I got home around 12:45 in the a.m., My brain was pretty much exploding with information about this place. So i crawled into bed, after demolishing a hot pocket and enjoying about 15 minutes of Fun with Dick and Jane, and every single dream I had was about this place. Whether the soda machines were exploding, I was training the new guy (me), or I was humming my own tune in my head to the carousel's dull circles of silence; but no matter what, my dreams were all about this place. And I started waking up very frustrated. I'd tell myself, "Okay, Tony, this time make it a good dream. You need to try harder, c'mon!" So I'd try. But no matter what, I would always end up back at the place where it is apparent that life and adventures cross paths. Has this ever happened to you? If so, tell me about it. It's always good to here you're just as insane as the rest of the world. :)

Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment