Friday, July 30, 2010

The epitome of pop-boy-bands

The genre of pop has been around since before I was born. Originally invented by the King of Pop, rest in peace, Michael Jackson, pop music has been making people shake their booties for decades now. But pop bands of my generation have been rapidly declining in their efforts to embrace the music. It all started with the Christian pop sensation "Plus One." For me at least. No I am not confused about my sexuality. I was a five year old who liked catchy music. Sue me. And it eventually became Nsync, the Backstreet Boys, and... Dun dun dun... Aaron Carter. It was the "fad" and I wanted to be a part of it. But I'm noticing less and less pop boy bands. It is not a bad thing at all, honestly. The only problem is that the "used-to-be-pop-boy-bands" are now learning guitar and other instruments and becoming bands. Take the Jonas Brothers for example. I will admit that I've caught my foot tapping to their songs before. Wanna know why? Those guys write some catchy songs! People can piss and moan all they want about hating them. But the bottom line is.. they're cute, they're decent musicians, they can write a catchy tune, and they have a show on Disney channel. These for aspects will make you millions. To be honest the only Jonas Brother I respect is Nick. Simply because he is so dedicated to his music. And most of their actual good songs were written by him. But this doesn't mean girls should obsess over them. At all.

But here's what I'm getting at... More of the time than less... These boy bands are extremely AVERAGE musicians who write one or two good songs and happen to straighten their hair and wear skinny jeans... For some, strange-ass reason.... Young girls love guys who are girly. This is a fact. It can't be denied. It is simple. And it is truthful. I was almost sucked into this lifestyle. But I barely escaped. Not that I have a problem with those people. I'm sure some of the guys aren't awful musicians and they're probably nice enough guys. The one and only problem is that almost every band like that, that I know of, has become a band of egotistical snobs who do everything to show off and get money. What ever happened to simply loving the music?

And this is me being a critic.
Toodlooo

4 comments:

  1. +1 to every single statement right there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, i'm so glad I wasn't the only one who listened to crappy pop music when I was 5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha no way dude we all listened to it at some point. :) Thanks for the comments guys

    ReplyDelete
  4. My weakness was the Ateens.....

    ReplyDelete